- Franklin Morales' back is hurting
- Craig Breslow has a bum shoulder
- Ortiz achilles is not yet 100%
- Stephen Drew has a concussion
While that looks ugly, at least several people are looking healthy:
- Lackey looks healthy. Not necessarily a great pitcher, but a healthy arm. Baby steps?
- Aceves was involved in a major brawl as part of the WBC, but appears to have escaped major injury.
So to summarize, it appears that to start off the season, we'll have very few left-handers in our bullpen, will be without our biggest bat, and may or may not have our starting shortstop. But all five starters look good to go and Aceves will be there come hell or high water. Despite the latter, it appears that at least the clubhouse is "eleventy-billion times better." (That last one was for you, Joel!)
I'm tired of reading and thinking about this stuff. The regular season can't start soon enough.