Analyitics

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Troubleshooting a Blank Screen for a Garmin Forerunner 110

I had a birthday a few weeks ago, and am now the a happy owner of a Garmin Forerunner 110. Overall, i'm very pleased with it - it's much more convenient than wearing my iPhone on an arm strap, and I love having my pace and time information available to me on my longer runs. But the experience hasn't been completely smooth; my computer doesn't always recognize the watch right away, forcing me to repeatedly connect and disconnect the watch to the computer.

One time, connecting and disconnecting the watch to the computer caused my watch's screen to go blank. It became completely unresponsive. Panicked, I turned to the Google and found this great article on BruSimm. It summarizes all of the solutions available out there and concluded with a crowdsourced solution that worked for me:
Brusimm reader Steve G said he didn't have good luck with any of the first four suggestions, but he called Garmin, who added this new aspect to the potential fixes:
  • While the watch is connected to the charger,
    • Hold the light and start/stop buttons at the same time for 20 seconds.
  • In addition, connect the watch to the clip BEFORE connecting it to the charger.
    • When the clip is being connected and then unconnected, it causes problems for the watch.
Be sure to click through for the entire article for good information. Hope this helps anyone else out  there that might have the same problems.

4 comments:

  1. Hi, I want to express my gratitude to you for sharing this fascinating information. It's amazing that we now have the ability to share our thoughts. Share such information with us through blogs and internet services.
    Visit site

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI,
    this information is very helpful and important. I got to learn a lot from this I hope you keep sharing this type of information.thank you.
    Windows bellen nederlnad

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can Call Paypal and contact the Paypal experts and ask for help on any Paypal problem. You can also send an email to Paypal customer service, but that takes time....................PayPal Nederland

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bedankt voor je informatie over nieuwe dingen. deze site is te goed om nieuwe dingen te doen. bedankt voor het delen. Google bellen

    ReplyDelete