Today, I ran my last run of 2011. I accomplished far more than I expected this year, and for that I am grateful for my health, for my friends who have challenged me, and for my supportive wife.
To review what I managed in 2011:
- Number of runs: 105
- Total miles: 644
- Average distance: 6.13 miles
- Runs longer than 10 miles: 21
- Longest distance: 31.1 miles
- Number of races: 1
- Number of running magazine subscriptions: 3
- Number of shoes purchased: 3 pairs
- Number of times I tripped and fell on my face: 1
- Number of times I felt like quitting: 0
So what will 2012 bring? I'd like to run about 10% more, so my goal is 720 miles. I also have a goal of completing three races: most likely the National Half Marathon, the Burlington Marathon, and the New River Trail 50K, but we shall see what life brings.
Happy holidays to all!