Analyitics

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Taking Amazon out of Cyberspace

Amazon's going to open retail stores:
"They intend on going with the small boutique route with the main emphasis on books from their growing line of Amazon Exclusives and selling their e-readers and tablets." 
I find this intriguing. Is there really a demand for a physical location to check out kindles and the exclusive books? All I've been hearing about the last few years is how amazon is forcing bookstores out of business. It seems to me like they've got the perfect situation online, so why would they start opening physical stores? I assume they're hoping that it'll turn into a trend-setting high-tech destination like apple's stores, but apple has panache and mystique that amazon lacks. Am I  missing something ?

No comments:

Post a Comment