Analyitics

Monday, October 3, 2011

Graphical Arch Support

I may not always be the most observant person, but this one takes the cake. As long as i've been running, I never noticed that the arch support of most shoes was represented by the gray coloring on the side. Check out the two shoes I bought this weekend, and see how the arch support on the Brooks Adrenaline 11 extends farther backward into the heel than the Saucony Guide 4:
The Brooks Adrenaline 11
The Saucony Guide 4
Did you know this? Makes me feel foolish that I didn't recognize this before. Regardless, I'll let you know how the difference between the two supports feel once I get them out on the road.

1 comment:

  1. Specifically, I understand that the gray is the higher density foam, which compresses less and thus provides the stability in a stability shoe.

    Looking forward to your impressions!

    ReplyDelete